查看: 5062|回复: 0

马云在上海纽约大学毕业典礼的致辞中英全文

[复制链接]
发表于 2020-5-30 22:14:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 凡人 于 2020-5-30 22:16 编辑

马云在上海纽约大学毕业典礼致辞中英全文来了!听他说了些什么?

马云被授予“上海纽约学校长荣誉奖章”

马云被授予“上海纽约学校长荣誉奖章”

5月29日,上海纽约大学举行了2020届本科生毕业典礼,这也是学校首次在线举办毕业典礼。数千名观众在线共聚一堂,庆祝来自24个国家和地区的229名学生顺利毕业。俞立中校长在毕业典礼致辞中宣布,他将于6月1日正式退休离任。华东师范大学童世骏教授将接任校长一职。

阿里巴巴集团创始人马云先生在毕业典礼致辞中鼓励2020届毕业生为中美两国、为世界“找到共同合作的方向”。
“在这个时候毕业,寻找工作,走上社会,大家会觉得很不幸,”马云说,“但是担忧从来没有用,与其担忧,不如行动。世界往哪里去,未来往哪里去,这一切的关键都在于你们,在于年轻人的选择,在于年轻人的行动。”

马云公益基金会创办人
联合国可持续发展目标倡导者
阿里巴巴合伙人
马云先生

尊敬的俞校长,Vice Chancellor Lehman,上海纽约大学的老师、同学们、家长,大家好!

Chancellor Yu, Vice Chancellor Lehman, NYU Shanghai faculty members, students, parents, ladies and gentlemen, good evening!

今天,是各位人生中非常重要的一天。

Today marks a very important day in your lives.

也很高兴,特别荣幸,在这个特殊的时期,用这种特别的方法,参与大家人生中最重要的时刻。也谢谢校长,谢谢老师、同学们,因为你们,此时此刻我觉得这枚奖章与众不同,加倍珍惜!

It is a pleasure and honor, during this extraordinary time and through this unique way, to join this important moment. Thank you Mr. Chancellor, teachers and students. You all make this Medal of Honor feel even more special and I cherish it deeply.

今天大家大学毕业。

Today is your graduation day.

但是今年的毕业,看起来麻烦很多,麻烦也很大。一毕业就碰上了全世界范围内的疫情,无论是找工作还是继续升学,都面临着前所未有的困难,这些困难可能大家以前都没有想过,但没办法,这就是人生!

Graduates this year face major challenges. Upon graduation you have to deal with a global pandemic, and whether you are looking for work or want to continue studying, you will confront unprecedented challenges that could not have been imagined. But, this is life.

在这个时候毕业,寻找工作,走上社会,大家会觉得很不幸,但事实是,人生这样的意外会很多,学会适应了,你就懂得了生活;学会把握,你就会与众不同。今年全世界那么多的毕业生,大家都一样,都碰上了同样的困境,这个时候,你的态度、你的行动决定了你的未来。

At this moment in time to graduate, to look for a job, to enter society, you all may feel very unlucky. But the truth is, life is full of unexpected things. Once you have learned how to adapt, you will understand life. Once you learn how to take opportunities, you will distinguish yourself from others. This year, the many graduates around the world all face the same challenges. At this moment, your attitude and actions will decide your future.

你们至少比任何一届的学生多学了一门课,多修了一个学分,这门课没有考试,但比任何一门课都重要。因为疫情,因为这个灾难,你们学习了应该如何去思考这个世界的巨变,以及如何在巨大的变化面前承担自己的责任,如何改变自己去适应未来。我们都很难改变昨天、甚至很难改变今天,但我们做一点点事,就可以改变明天,改变我们自己的未来。这门课刚刚开始,我也和大家一样,都是刚刚开始学习这门课。

However, the class of 2020 has taken one more course and earned one credit more than any other class. And while this course has no exams, it is more important than any other course at school. Because of this pandemic, because of this disaster, you are studying and reflecting on today’s great global changes. You are contemplating what responsibilities you will personally take, how to change yourself to adapt to the future. It is very hard for us to change yesterday, or to change today, but small accomplishments today can change tomorrow and change our future. This course is just beginning. And just like you, I am also only beginning to learn.

今天我们已经看到,世界面临了百年未有的危机。

Today, we already see the world faced with an unprecedented, once in a century crisis.

但是,人类所拥有的资源和财富是前所未有,人类拥有的技术能力也前所未有,当然人类所面临的困难和麻烦也前所未有。

But, humans possess unprecedented resources and wealth. We also have unprecedented technological capability. Of course, we also face unprecedented difficulties and challenges.

今天人类知识的沉淀、信息处理的能力和抗风险的能力是有史以来最强大的。但是很遗憾,我们有时候并没有把这些资源、能力和知识用来加强沟通和合作,有时候制造很多隔阂,甚至扩大了分歧。

Today, our knowledge, information technology and risk control capabilities are the strongest in history. However, it is extremely unfortunate that we at times are not using these resources, capabilities and knowledge to enhance cooperation and collaboration. Instead, on occasion, divisions are being created and differences have grown larger.

人类发展史上,我们从来不缺灾难,但很少像今天这样,灾难以后酝酿着巨大的世界不安,这确实令人担忧。但是担忧从来没有用,与其担忧,不如行动,世界往哪里去,未来往哪里去,这一切的关键都在于你们,在于年轻人的选择,在于年轻人的行动。

Throughout the course of human development, disaster has never been lacking. However, it is rare to have a situation like today. Following disaster we face such great global unease. This is truly worrisome. But worries are never useful. We should act instead of worry. Which direction will the world and our future follow? This is up to you. It will depend on the choices of young people. It will depend on young people’s actions.

我也听说武汉封城以后,你们当中有一位来自捷克的同学,在武汉封闭的时候,给武汉的同学寄了100个口罩。后来疫情蔓延到全球,武汉的同学又帮捷克的同学向中国医生问诊,搜集信息翻译成英文发给对方。上海纽约大学的同学们,我相信大家看见了,你们用行动做出了选择。

I heard that after Wuhan was locked down, one of your students back home in the Czech Republic, despite the lockdown, mailed 100 face masks to classmates in Wuhan. Later, as the pandemic spread globally, students in Wuhan consulted with Chinese doctors and collected, translated and shared information with their Czech classmate to help back. The graduates of NYU Shanghai, I believe we all can see that you have already made your choice through your actions.

今天的麻烦,就是你们这一代年轻人最大的机遇,也是你们为世界能够创造价值的真正机会。

To solve today’s problems and challenges is the greatest opportunity for your generation. This is also the real opportunity for you to create value for the world.

我想,21世纪的毕业生,抓住机遇,拥有未来,我们需要三观,就是全球观,未来观,还有全局观。我们也需要三商,需要有IQ(智商),需要EQ(情商),还需要LQ(爱商),the Q of Love。

I believe in order for 21st century graduates to fully grasp these opportunities and embrace the future, you need to have 3 views: a global view, a view of the future and a comprehensive view. You also need to have 3 Qs: IQ, EQ and LQ (the Q of Love).

全球观不一定要会懂外语,但一定要尊重和理解不同的文化。人和人,国家和国家,没有一个是一样的,肯定是不同的,而且会永远地不同下去。今天世界的问题,就是因为看到了太多彼此之间的不同和分歧。看到不同其实没有什么了不起,真正了不起的,是看到了不同,依然相信我们的“同”,依然能够放下分歧共同前行。

To have a global view, you do not need to know a foreign language, but you must respect and understand different cultures. No people or nation are the same. They are and will continue to be different. Today’s global problems are a result of our focus on too many differences. Identifying differences among us is not something to be praised. What is truly praiseworthy is to see through our differences and put faith in our common areas, to have the ability to put aside our differences and walk forward together.

48年以前,中国和美国从不同中找到了相同,从分歧走向了合作,世界开始走向发展,走向繁荣。

48 years ago, China and the United States found common ground in spite of their differences. What started as differences became cooperation, which led to the development and prosperity we see around the world today.

中美两国,纽约和上海,几百年以来从来就有很多不同,因为不同,我们才能够感受和发现对方不同的魅力。中美两国的不同,几百年来都无法改变,也不应该去改变,我们需要的不是去改变不同,而是寻找相同,尊重不同。

China and the United States, New York and Shanghai, over the past few centuries there have been many differences. But because of these differences, we are able to appreciate and discover charm in each other's differences. The differences between China and the United States, over the next few centuries, will not be able to change, nor should they. What we need is not to change these differences, rather what we need is to find our common ground and to respect our differences.

中美建交那一年我刚好是8岁。那一年尼克松访华以后,杭州有了英语课,杭州成为一个开放的城市,很多美国游客来到了杭州。我为美国游客做导游、学习了英文,这让我学到了很多不同的东西,了解了世界巨大的魅力,也让我有了不同的眼光去看待这个世界,以及有不同的思考的方式。

I was 8 years old when China and the United States established diplomatic relations. After President Nixon’s visit to China, schools in Hangzhou started to offer English classes. The city of Hangzhou became more open, many American tourists visited Hangzhou. I became a tour guide for American tourists and learned English. I learned many different things. I learned about the great charms of the world. It helped me to see the world and think through problems in a different way.

今天我们在座的每个人,以及所有今天很多的人,都是中美合作的巨大的受益者,是全球化的受益者。没有中美合作,就不可能有上海纽约大学;没有中美合作,我相信也不会有今天的马云,今天的阿里巴巴。未来,为中国和美国,为世界找到共同的方向,共同的合作的方向,这个使命只有年轻人去完成,这是大家的担当。毕业于这两个伟大城市合作的大学,在这个时候,我相信你们的命运里肯定有与众不同的使命。

Today, each of us sitting here and everyone present today has benefited immensely from China-US cooperation and globalization. Without China-US cooperation, NYU Shanghai would not be possible. Without China-US cooperation, I am also convinced that today’s Jack Ma, today’s Alibaba would not exist. Looking ahead, for China, for the United States, and for the world, finding a common path forward, a common path for cooperation is a mission that only young people can complete, this is your responsibility. For all of you graduating from this university, under the cooperation of these two great cities, at this moment in time, I believe your fate is destined to include this special mission.

全局观是站在他人的位置看问题。IT时代的思想是以我为主,让自己变得更强大,我们比拼的是肌肉;而DT时代的思想是利他主义,只有让别人好我才能变得更好,比拼的是智慧。上个世纪,重要的是我怎么想;而这个世纪,21世纪,别人怎么想变得非常的重要。因为这个世界,没有一个人可以只有自己,依靠自己才能活得好,没有一个国家可以独自解决问题。只有全局的思考,利他的思想,才能真正让自己变得更好,让世界变得更好。

To have a comprehensive view is to see issues from another’s perspective. During the IT era the main focus is oneself. To make yourself stronger, to compete with muscles. The DT era’s main focus is to help others. Only when others are better I can improve. Competition is based on wisdom and intelligence. In last century, what is important is what I think. In this century, the 21st century, what others think becomes also very important. Because in this world, no one can live well alone, and no country can solve problems alone. Only through a comprehensive view, only through a focus on helping others, can we really make ourselves better and change the world for the better.

所以,我们也一定要有未来观。感恩昨天,改变今天,相信明天。未来没有专家,因为谁也没有到过未来,预测未来最好的办法就是去创造未来。我们永远要站在未来去思考问题,我们要解决的是未来的问题,而不是过去的问题,我们更加不应该用过去的方法去解决未来的问题。

We must have a view of the future. We should thank yesterday, change today and believe in tomorrow. There is no expert of the future because none has been to the future. The best way to predict future is to create it. We should always do things with the future in mind. We need to solve problems of the future, not problems of the past. More importantly, we should not use methods of the past to solve problems of the future.

面向未来的年轻人,我们需要有三种商:智商,情商和爱商。IQ、EQ and LQ。IQ高的人不太容易失败,EQ高的人机会会很多,但是只有LQ高的人才能受人尊重。未来机器可能会取代人类很多工作,但机器只有芯片,它没有心,人类有爱,这是机器不可能取代人类的。

Young people that look to the future should also have IQ, EQ and LQ. People with high IQ do not fail easily. People with high EQ can find more opportunities. But only people with high LQ can win the respect of others. In the future, machines may replace people in a lot of jobs, but machines only have chips. They don’t have a heart. Love is the only thing that cannot be replaced by machine.

在我看来,全世界的年轻人,没有国籍的区别,没有种族和信仰的区别,只有有梦想和没有梦想的区别,有担当和没有担当的区别。你们的心有多大,我们的世界就会有多大;你们是什么样的人,未来的世界就会变成什么样的世界。你们相信未来,我们选择相信你们,相信年轻人!

The way I see it, young people from around the world do not have different nationalities, do not have different races and beliefs. The only difference is between those that do and do not have dreams, those that do and do not have responsibility. The size of your hearts will determine the size of our world. What kind of person you are will determine how our future world will be. You believe in the future, we put our trust in believing in you, believing in young people.

今天对大家来说是个全新的开始。未来的路上,充满了挑战,也充满希望。我相信只要大家一起努力、一起学习,一定能够帮助这个世界跨入更加美好的未来。

Today is a new beginning. The road ahead is full of challenges, but also full of hope. I believe that as long as we work hard together, study together, we can definitely help the world step into a better future.

And I believe you all will make it!

再次祝贺大家,也祝福大家!

谢谢大家!

Once again congratulations and best wishes to everyone.

Thank you.

来源:上海纽约大学

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 点击注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|SiXiang.com 思乡思想

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 17:17